October 06, 2013

Poncho Man's Battleground Preview

Well shit. We're only a few hours away from Battleground. Like last month...this will probably be short and sweet. Or I'm still bitter that nobody found my last post as funny as I did. Then I realized that Rusty probably has no idea who Rob Conway is. I cried myself to sleep the night I posted that.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
The Miz-Pre Show has some different faces this time around. I was trying to think if I've ever had many positive things to say about Ziggles. He was interesting when he had AJ and Big E. Now, he shows off and just comes off smarmy to me. Now somebody that doesn't NEED a heater is Sandow. He's awesome even when he loses every match. 

Here's my rant though. Sandow is awesome because he's good at his character. His persona is charming because he does it well....BUT both of these guys are exactly the same. I don't know if you'll agree with me but they probably came in and went to OVW right around the same time..and were both "stand outs" because they were able to and did what the man wants in a "prototypical WWE Superstar." They're all just Randy Orton to varying degrees. I don't like the wrestling style of the "prototypical WWE Superstar"...it makes you nothing but a good hand.....

Santino Marella & Great Khali vs The Real Americans
Remember when Santino was in that Elimination Chamber match. That was cool. Remember when Great Khali was taken out of the Punjabi Prison match. Remember when Antonio Cesaro lifted Khali. Remember when Uncle Zeb cut a promo on Santino and Khali about how they aren't from the US. Oh wait...that will happen tonight. Go Cesaro Go.

AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella for the Diva's Championship
Some sweet Diva action. Total Divas is on hiatus so I don't care.

Kofi Kingston vs Bray Wyatt
I apparently missed this whole storyline. I hope Kingston doesn't turn heel by joining Wyatt. I'm being very very patient with the Wyatt Family. They make me happy and look really cool. Somebody tell Kofi to stop sitting down and I might like him.

Curtis Axel vs R-Truth for the Intercontinental Championship
I can't decide if Curtis Axel is the "prototypical WWE Superstar" or not. I'm happy that he actually does lots of tributes to his dad without being his dad. I completely missed out on R-Truth being anything other than a mid-carder. I liked him in TNA....which is the weirdest comment I've ever made. When was the last time R-Truth was even on a PPV. Yay for Battleground!

Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs The Shield
Wooooo boy. This I am excited for. Do I even need to explain why? Goldust looks awesome. AND  Hopefully! Maybe! Maybe Please!?! Cody vs Goldust at Wrestlemania!?! WEEEEE....this is good stuff. Dusty's face palm was rad! I heard Stephanie was pissed...but jesus...that was one of the best parts. Can't bury the Rhodes family completely...or they'll look stupid. Whatever....GOLDUST RULES!!! GOLDUST FOR LIFE!!!!

Del Rio vs Van Dam for the WCW Championship
This might be more interesting than we're thinking. All sorts of things could happen.

This has nothing to do with this match..but my friend and I were coming up with before and after Halloween costumes. EXAMPLE: Shaquille O'Neal Patrick Harris, Willie Nelson Mandela.
One of my favorites was Rob (or Jean-Claude) Van Dam Dirty Apes

CM Punk vs Ryback
At least Ryback has something to do that isn't beating up Marchie Archie. Good story...bad opponent....better than a kick in the pants....

DBD vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.
Once again....I'm just along for the ride.

So now there is just a half hour til the The Miz Pre-Show. Cutting it close. I had a busy weekend at work doing fun stuff...so I banged this shit out. Oh...and I watched the Triple H documentary last night. It was kinda dumb. He doesn't have a good story. "I liked wrestling as a kid, got into body building, and I'm smart enough to learn everything about wrestling." Lots of good clips though...and everybody loves him apparently. I watched it...I'm glad I own it...but not that interesting....

Enjoy the show boys. Poncho Out

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who Rob Conway is. I recognize the name, I know he's a wrestler, but I wasn't watching when he was in the E. I thought your post was funny anyway.

    I love how CM Punk is in his own world with the Heyman storyline. They seem to be having a lot of fun. I think Axel is better than a "good hand" or "proto-typical superstar". I think he's got really good in-ring psychology, and he wrestles with a unique personality. I think of Sheamus as being posterboy for proto-typical superstar in the ring. The announcers will put him over as being a brawler who loves to fight, but all he does is the same few wrestling moves over and over. But he can talk, and Axel absolutely can not, so that's that.

    The Shield and Wyatt matches should be interesting, I'm really looking forward to them.

    My biggest disappointment for this PPV is that there isn't some kind of big ass gimmick match called the Battleground Match. There's a vacant WWE title, what better opportunity to have some kind of 20-man steel cage free-for-all? It would be horrible and awesome, in a WCW kind of way.

    How about Shawn Michaels Jordan? I dunno.

    ReplyDelete