July 19, 2015

Poncho Man's Battleground Preview

I totally forgot about this until 10 AM Sunday Morn. This is what happens when you're thinking about what starts tomorrow, and you stay up till the sun comes up on Friday, and your Saturday is hangover central. So yeah...this will be short and sweet.

King Barrett vs. King What's Up? for the Crown
I actually think this is fun. I have no problem with it and feel that this is a perfect utilization that probably gets a few families to laugh. Banning spiders is funny.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
I don't even understand this. Randy comes out and is all sneaky and gets Sheamus, but he's a good guy. Whatever.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
Well at least this makes sense. Bray threatened Roman by talking about his child. Pretty heelish there Bray. There are all sorts of rumors on the internets of what this might lead to. Bray shouldn't be losing MORE, and they wouldn't want Roman to lose because the kiddies would be upset.

Prime Time Players vs. The New Day for the Tag Team Championship
Well isn't this fun. Look at the card of this event. It's actually fairly diverse. 15 performers...6 of which are African-American. Is that a record?

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens for the United States Championship.
Yay! I've been trying to explain that Cena is having good matches lately to a few random people I know. All it is, is that Cena is mostly wrestling guys who have had long indie careers, so they aren't completely programmed to have the same WWE style match over and over. Hopefully Owens wins, and we get a three way or something at Summerslam, and he can drop it back without losing. Seems fair to me. Whatever, along for the ride.

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
This will probably be very good. I can't wait for the German Suplex....land on their feet spot from Seth Rollins. Seems like a pretty grade A booking job for a PPV right before Summerslam. Does that mean Summerslam is going to be bonkers?

Where are the ladies? Seems like a weird absence. Where's Dean Ambrose? Lunaticking?  Liger at NXT will be weird and fun. Is that the same weekend that the NJPW guys will be back in ROH? How would you book that? I would rather see Liger vs Balor or Crow than Breeze, but I guess this way Liger can win. I'm gonna go see Ant-Man before the ppv. Just bragging. Should I do an Ultima Lucha Preview? Does anyone other than me care? Okay, I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. I would read an Ultima Lucha post. LU isn't my favorite wrestling show, but it's got some cool elements and a really good roster that I feel like I should be more familiar with. I only watch about a quarter of their shows, so I don't have a built-up fandom for any of the wrestlers, even though there are some guys that I like a lot whenever I happen to see them.

    ReplyDelete